"One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others.”
- Lewis Carroll
Philosophy of Care
All people who are supported by and work at and all people who visit will be treated with respect at all times.
We aim to offer skilled care to enable people who we support to achieve their optimum state of health and well-being.
We uphold the human rights of all who are supported by us and work for the Company.
Individual choice and personal decision-making are the right of all Service Users and will be supported by all the people who work for the Company.
The right of independence will be respected and encouraged for all Service Users.
The individual uniqueness of Service Users and visitors will be recognised and they will be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
The individual requirement for privacy will be respected at all times and all information relating to individuals will be treated in a confidential manner.
We recognise the individual need for personal fulfilment and aim to offer individualised programmes of meaningful activity to satisfy that need of Service Users.
Principles & Values Compassionate Care Team LTD is committed to supporting vulnerable people so that they can continue their lives with dignity and independence and be participating members of their own communities. Compassionate Care Team LTD is committed to meeting the needs of those people entrusted to our care. Usually we see no conflict between meeting the needs of Service Users and those of workers. Where such conflict exists, the needs of Service Users must take precedence. The basic principles underlying our support to vulnerable people include:
· Privacy - The care worker recognises your right to be left alone, undisturbed and free from intrusion and public attention. You have the right to privacy with regard to both your personal affairs and belongings. Written permission will be sought for access to your records.
· Confidentiality of Information - Your rights to confidentiality will be safeguarded. The care worker will not disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless this has been agreed with you. Agreement to disclose information should only be sought if it is for your benefit, e.g. for the purpose of assisting in your support.
· Fulfilment of Aspirations - You’re social, emotional, cultural, political and sexual needs are accepted and respected. · Consultation - You will be consulted about daily living arrangements and enabled to participate in discussions about any proposed changes to those arrangements. You will be fully involved in and fully informed with respect to the individual assessment of your support needs. You have a right to be involved in a careful and thorough assessment of your needs and wishes, and to be informed of the outcome. Compassionate Care Team LTD’s commitment will be to find the best and most cost effective way of meeting your needs and aspirations. You will be supported to make informed choices about the future; this will be incorporated into your care plan.
· Personal Choice - Your support worker will support you to exercise your personal choice in opportunities and lifestyle. The support worker will ensure that you are central to all decisions being made. If, for reasons of mental frailty, you are not able to participate fully in Service User Planning, consideration will nevertheless be given to your wishes, as far as these are expressed and are practical. We welcome designated advocates in this context. Account will also be taken of the needs and rights of carers to lead their lives without unreasonable levels of demand and stress.
· Review - You will have a regular review of your individual circumstances with the Company.
· Services Information - You will be fully informed about the Services provided by Compassionate Care Team LTD.
· Legal Rights - You will be fully informed about your legal rights.
· Medication - You will be fully informed about your medication needs and supported in making decisions in relation to medical treatment whenever possible.
· Family and Friends - You will be supported to maintain access to family, friends, facilities and the overall community.
· Complaints - You will have access to a formal complaints procedure and will be able to be represented by a friend or adviser if you so wish. · Supporting your Independence - You will be supported to take risks on the basis of your own, informed opinion. You will have the opportunity to think, act and make decisions. This will include the capacity to incur a degree of calculated risk.